Ideas in Motion is a business incubator in Berlin that focuses specifically on the needs of newcomer entrepreneurs. The incubator was co-created through a human-centered design process with newcomer entrepreneurs to identify their key challenges and design a program that would best enable their success.
The key challenges identified were a lack of professional support, a lack of knowledge of the local legal and regulatory frameworks, lack of access to local networks, and a lack of access to funding. The program was thus designed to address these challenges by bringing together newcomer and local entrepreneurs, business experts and academics, the wider start-up community, and interested professionals from a variety of fields to build bridges and overcome these challenges – setting up our entrepreneurs to really put their Ideas in Motion!
Our services include:
- Concept & Business Model Design: a practical and hands-on ideation and innovation course combining the methodologies of design thinking, lean start-up, and service design to test, iterate, and refine business models.
- Business Academy: a rigorous curriculum of critical business skills that an entrepreneur needs to run a successful business, from the “hard” skills such as marketing and finance to “soft” skills needed for an entrepreneur to be an inspiring leader.
- Professional Mentoring: 1-1 professional guidance by a mentor individually matched to the entrepreneur’s needs to provide coaching and feedback, share experience and key insights, and help grow their local network.
- Expert Network & Start-up Community: a network of diverse professionals and service providers in relevant fields such as web development, graphic design, accounting, etc. that offer their expertise or services pro-bono, as well as building connections with the local start-up ecosystem to create a sustainable network of entrepreneurial support.
- German Legal & Funding Advice: professional advice from legal, accounting, tax, and insurance providers on German regulations and formalities. From establishing a legal company to identifying potential funding sources, we support in overcoming the bureaucratic hurdles faced by newcomer entrepreneurs in Germany.